Consolidated Resorts - Relentless Thieves

We bought 1 week/year at Club de Soleil (CS). Paid off the mortgage, and then quit paying maintenance fees (MFs) because in all the years we paid on the mortgage and MFs, we could never get a reservation. Always No Vacancy, even in January. After many letters from CS demanding MFs, I received a letter from a collections agency. I responded by explaining why we refused to pay the maintenance fees and offered to pay the collection agency's fee if they would negotiate to get us released from our contract. If I'd had enough money and energy, I should have sued CS for a full refund.

Well, the collection agency did exactly what I requested, and we signed the deedback agreement and they sent us a letter explaining we were no longer owners and there would be no negative marks on our credit and so on. That was in May 2013. And there was no charge for that, too. Kudos for Continental Central Credit! Real professionals. So we were free, we thought.

Within a week, we received a letter from CS encouraging us to make a reservation so we wouldn't lose our "week" for that year.

We received no other communications after that until early 2018 when, completely out of the blue, we received a notice from Club de Soleil that we were behind in our maintenance fees since 2010 and were 90 days overdue and we need to pay $1,700 right now.

I guess they think we're old and senile enough to fall for the scam.

Review about: Club De Soleil Consolidated Resorts Timeshare.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Consolidated Resorts - Timeshare ripoff

Cleanliness
Quality of Food

I have owned this timeshare for almost 9 yrs. I could never get to use it.

finally was able to use it and what a piece of *** it is. The place they got us was the worst could not get what we paid for and they only cleaned our room once in 8 days we were there.

We had no clean towels, no toilet paper garbage piled up in our room it was a real *** hole. When we complained they could care less were told that is the way it is do not ever buy a timeshare from these people they should be arrested and forced to live in jail like we we were forced to spend our vacation

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

We also bought a timeshare there 15 years ago. There is never availability.

The "developer" holds an undisclosed number of units and rents / sells them per night like a hotel. They make more running it like a hotel ($267.57/ night = $1,870 / week) then what I pay per year for maintenance fees ($884/ year for 1 floating week). I've tried selling it for the last 10 years and the only place i can sell it to is a clearing house and I would have to pay them $4,000 to buy it!

Total Ripoff! I don't think it's been updated since I bought mine 15 years ago.

Consolidated Resorts - How can I get my money back.

Is there a way I can get my money back or get rid of my timeshare for at least half the price that I paid for it. Is there any Law suits going on out there I can join?

If so, my email address is mikenco2002@yahoo.com. I had my Time share with Consolidated resorts for 10 years now and I have not got my moneys worth. There service is not up to standards. I can't reserve it when I want it.

I'm paying for maintenance fees every year and i'm not even able to use it every year.

If anyone can help out let me know. Thanks

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

Let me know if you found out about any current law suits I’m in the same situation

Consolidated Resorts - Tahiti Resort

4.8
Cleanliness
Quality of Food

We love our timeshare. We go to Las Vegas every year and have not had a bad experience yet.

We originally bought an efficiency every other year at the Tahiti Village but sold that back and upgraded to a 2 bedroom every year at the Tahiti. We love the area and the resort is top notch. We always book the same week and only once had a problem getting a reservation. That was this year 2016 but the problem was quickly resolved with a phone call and now we have the reservation.

The location is lovely, the rooms are spacious and updated. We would recommend this resort to anyone looking for quiet luxury.

Reviewer is in happy mood. This person is quite happy with how quickly they resolved my reservation problem this year. Please contact the author of this review to discuss good customer service of consolidated resorts vacation package booking. Consolidated Resorts needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned consolidated resorts vacation package booking in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Consolidated Resorts.

Consolidated Resorts - Sham

1.5
Quality of Accommodation

This is the most crooked time management resort. They do not care whether they accommodate your reservation. And when you place a reservation you must give them 2-4 months in advance. Therefore we had to relocate to another reduced resort, they stated we could not stay at our resort that we paid for because of not enough time.

Each time we attempted a reservation there was always an excuse. Also they were always inviting us out to see what our money was doing for the resort. We still had to pay ahead to have a reservation.

We will never buy another one again. Not worth it.

Karla Cheek

This person wrote the review because of not as described at Consolidated Resorts. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $12000 and wants Consolidated Resorts to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Consolidated Resorts and consolidated resorts room booking for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Origin Resort Financial is Consolidated Resorts Tahiti

Las Vegas, Nevada 0 comments

Got a letter saying "sign the title over to them, now!" and at my expense or they will foreclose and damage my credit etc. Called Kelly at 702 967-5055 and she says while the document consideration ($) was to pay ten dollars in writing, but it isn't actually going to be paid, they will just ignore that part??

but when questioned further she says it costs them $400 to foreclose. I Offered to quit claim it over for $250, she says no, do what you want to or we will file credit damaging reports etc. They say in the letter "this isn't a attempt to collect a debt" but that's what they are doing anyways. This debt is already over 7 years old and they are a very questionable outfit, imo.

Maybe I will sign it over to be rid of them forever.

My rule is: Never stay in contact with people who actions are toxic so this might apply here. This is just a word to those who can avoid this company and the headache.

This reviewer shared experience about problems with payment and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Consolidated Resorts. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Consolidated Resorts.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Hotels and Resorts category for more informed decision or compare Consolidated Resorts to other companies on our site.

Consolidated Resorts - Need to get rid of timeshare!

Like many of you, we were pressured into buying a timeshare in Hawaii. It's paid for but we have to continue to pay maintenance fees. We just want out!!! What can we do to get out of this? If we just stop paying what is the worst that can happen? We don't even use it!! I regret buying it!! What a waste of money! Is there a business that buys out timeshares?

AND on top of maintenance fees, you have to sign up and pay fees for interval International if you want to bank or use your week.

Any advice, options, information will be appreciated.

This person wrote the review consolidated resorts vacation ownership from Consolidated Resorts. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Consolidated Resorts to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Consolidated Resorts for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

What island is your property located on? I have a TS in Maui every other year and I love it, in fact going this week for 7 days.

Wednesday-Wednesday. We just pay the maintenance fees and taxes an book soon after so we can get the week we want.

Pay early and book early is the key to getting the week that you want. You can email Ken, microslim@bellsouth.net and we can discuss your TS.

to Anonymous Novato, California, United States #1223800

Would you be interested in another every other year time share in Maui? @ Kahana Beach

Anita

921anita@gmail.com

try weholi.com

you can rent out your week to anyone if you don't wanna use it and cover at least your maintenance fees. worked for me.

Los Angeles, California, United States #1104860

I'm in the same boat. Got suckered in and used the savings for our wedding after being told we could use vouchers to pay for hotel and flight.

Did not happen, not even a room available for our dates. I pay for Interval to keep my week (every other year) and pay more if I need to extend it, then pay for the actual usage of the exchange.. An extra $400 just to use a week I've already paid thousands on. Hands down, the worst decision I've EVER made in my life.

Anyhoo.. I heard about timeshareexitteam.com on the radio. I'm not sure where you're located, but most of the process has been done through email. Just my initial consult was done in person, but all paperwork was from my computer.

Pricing depends on your balance and such so no clue for you since you say it's paid off. It cost me the same amount of my balance of the mortgage left, but I think it will be worth it in the end. I've been working with them for about 3 months and this week my next payment due is showing zero.

There are still more legal procedures before we're done, but it will be done soon so I don't have to worry about my POS timeshare. Good luck!!

View more comments

Consolidated Resorts Ownership Review from Honolulu, Hawaii

Honolulu, Hawaii 0 comments
4.6
Quality of Accommodation

Sorry to hear others had bad experiences with Consolidated Resorts. My husband & I owned 2 weeks of a 2 bdrm lock out unit, sleeps 6 @ Club de Soleil since 2001.

Then sold our interest back to them to obtain 2 weeks of a 2 bdrm lock out unit, sleeps 8 in 2011. Then purchased a smaller side unit in 2012. We have been under Interval International since 2001 & can only say that we have nothing but good things to say about them.

Our rating for Consolidated Resorts & Interval International is "5" Out of 5 stars. They are EXCELLENT!!!

This person wrote the review because of good quality at Consolidated Resorts. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Consolidated Resorts to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Consolidated Resorts consolidated resorts ownership for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Consolidated Resorts - Timeshare Owners

Saint Paul, Minnesota 2 comments

As Timeshare Owners for more than 10 years, we have not been able to use our Timeshare unit at Kahana Beach Resort for the last four out of five years.

We have chosen any date available so that we could possibly obtain another unit during our preferred week.

We then joined Interval International, paid their fee and the transfer fee. This year, we cannot even obtain a week through Interval.

They did offer us four days in a smaller unit. No Thanks.

We then received a "Thank You" letter for being owners from Consolidated and a Proxy Ballot.

If it wasn't for the fact we would lose our original investment and we love the islands of Hawaii, we would dump Consolidated.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Consolidated Resorts. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Consolidated Resorts.

Canyon Country, California, United States #1314113

We have owned at Kahana Beach Resort for over 10 years and we use our 1 bedroom annually. We make our reservations every year while we are at the condo for the following year. Never had a problem.

We could never use ours either, UNTIL we paid a 150.00 Finder fee and bam they found us a lovely place in Oahu in a few hours. That was Interval as well. Funny how that works.

Consolidated Resorts - SCAM ALERT - SOLEIL MANAGEMENT AKA CONSOLIDATED RESORT

3.0
Quality of Accommodation

I bought a timeshare in 2009. maintenance fees were $380/yr, - 2015 they are $975/yr. That's a 256% increase in 6 years.

Inflation is less than 10% FYI

What a bunch of scam artists.

Watch out for Consolidated Resorts people! AKA : Soleil Management.

Now they are threatening to take me to a collection agency. They need to check themselves first. How do they justify having people pay over $900 in maintenance fees for a 2 week a year timeshare? We already paid to purchase the property - which is not really a purchase; is it? We purchased a share, not a piece of property. How do they justify collecting tens of thousands of dollars from each owner, then try to collect almost a thousand dollar a year in maintenance fees for a two week stay? Some people pay less maintenance fees for their condos they live in all year.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. sunhine8001 stated that there is a room for improvement of maintenace fees. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss not as described of consolidated resorts vacation club and associated monetary loss in the amount of $25000. Consolidated Resorts needs to issue a partial refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned consolidated resorts vacation club in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Consolidated Resorts.